Celebrate The Joy Of Natural Living!
6 Reasons Why All Natural Skincare Matters April 27 2016, 0 Comments
1. Our skin is the largest organ in our body.
The average weight of skin in the body is about 10,886 grams which varies according to the size and weight of the person. Human skin is made up of different ectodermic tissues and it protects all the inner body organs like the liver, glands, stomach, heart, etc. which is why it's so important to keep it healthy.
2. Our skin absorbs approximately 60% of what we put on it.
Yes that's right, 60%! Skin is permeable which means that anything applied doesn't just sit on it, it is absorbed through it into the blood stream. Medical research indicates that many cosmetic ingredients include carcinogenic (cancer-causing) substances and that they do indeed penetrate the skin and wind up in our blood. This exposes us to a whole host of chemicals that would never be allowed to be ingested as a food or drug but are winding up in our body nonetheless. Many of these ingredients don't cause immediate reactions but can slowly build up in us through repeated use over time resulting in serious health conditions which can lead to death.
3. On average, a woman puts anywhere from 168-515 chemicals A DAY on her face and body while on average, a man puts on about half that amount.
Almost 13,000 chemicals are used in cosmetics and only about 10% have been evaluated for safety by the FDA. The average woman uses about 12 personal care products and/or cosmetics a day, containing hundreds of chemicals combined. While most men use fewer products, they're still exposed to over a hundred chemicals daily. Teens on average use about 17 personal care products a day, leaving them exposed to even more. Clearly, such chemical exposures are not insignificant especially when they occur virtually daily for a lifetime.
4. Almost 30% of conventional skincare ingredients act like hormones in the body.
Most skincare products contain a diverse combination of chemicals and many of them are considered hormone disruptors. Hormone disruptors can affect how estrogen and other hormones act in the body by blocking or mimicking them which throws off the body's hormonal balance. Because estrogen can make hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer develop and grow, many woman choose to limit their exposure to these chemicals that can act like estrogen.
5. The EU has banned over 1,000 chemical ingredients used in skincare, while the FDA has only banned 9.
In the US, only about 10% of chemicals used in cosmetics have been evaluated for safety. Although the FDA has the authority to regulate harmful ingredients in cosmetics and personal care products, they don't often exercise it. Cosmetics can be sold without any type of approval necessary. According to the FDA, only after a product is deemed harmful, adulterated, or misbranded can the FDA take regulatory action.
6. Chemicals that are found in skincare are also found in brake fluid, pesticides, vaccines, engine degreasers, anti-freeze, and radioactive substances just to name a few.
Here are a few bad ingredients to watch out for:
-Acrylates, Benzophenone & Related Compounds, Butylated Compounds, Carbon Black, Carcinogens, Coal Tar, Ethanolamine Compounds (MEA, DEA, TEA, etc.), Formaldehyde & Formaldehyde-Releasing Preservatives, Homosalate, Hydroquinone, Lead & Other Heavy Metals, Methylisothiazolinone & Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mica, Nail Polish Removers, Nitrosamines, Octinoxate, PABA, Petrolatum & Petroleum Jelly, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polytetrafluoroethylene, P-Phenulenediamine, Parabens, Phthalates, Quaternium-15, Resorcinol, Retinol & Retinol Compounds, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Toluene, Triclosan
There you have it--6 very good reasons to use all natural skincare products. You will see great benefits to using all natural products and we are happy to recommend ALo Naturals products as a safe solution to your skincare needs. Please visit ALoNaturals.com to make an order for products that help make and keep your skin healthy and vibrant!
10 Benefits Of Using ALo Naturals Body Butter February 04 2016, 1 Comment
1. Comprised Of 100% All Natural Ingredients
All of our products are carefully formulated and include only the highest quality organic ingredients flown in from around the world. We've even made it a point to visit some of the herbal plantations from which our ingredients are purchased. It is of the utmost importance that all of our products remain 100% all natural and we take great care in insuring that we use only the finest ingredients.
2. Contains Absolutely No Chemicals
We pride ourselves on the fact that we use absolutely zero harsh chemicals in our products. We want to provide skincare products that not only keep people healthy but actually contribute to their health as well. Many competitors' products contain chemicals despite the fact that they market themselves as "all natural" -- our products do not. We take great pride in the fact that we can say that our products neither contain chemicals, nor do we use chemicals in the formulation of our products.
3. Provides Health Benefits
The organic ingredients used in our products are naturally packed full of vitamins and minerals which help the body to produce collagen and regenerate skin cells. Everything that is applied to the skin is absorbed directly into the bloodstream so if you put healthy products on your skin it will keep you healthy on the inside as well. Our ingredients are well-known to have a multitude of health benefits.
4. Hydrates The Skin
One of the main ingredients we use in our body butter is Aloe Vera which has been scientifically tested to penetrate the epidermis seven layers deep.
5. Helps Heal Eczema
Our body butter contains many all natural ingredients that aid in the healing of eczema such as coconut oil, shea butter, olive oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, etc.
6. Effectively Treats Psoriasis
ALo Naturals body butter contains coconut oil, tucuma butter, aloe vera, and vitamin E oil along with others that effectively help heal psoriasis.
7. Prevents Stretch Marks
We have so many "Mommies To Be" that love our body butters and use our products to prevent stretch marks on their bellies! Many of the organic ingredients incorporated naturally prevent stretch marks and scars.
8. Handcrafted With Care
ALo Naturals prides ourselves on hand making each and every one of our products! We want to ensure that every single product is created with the highest quality result possible; therefore, we individually craft and inspect every one of our products to ensure you receive the highest quality skincare products available.
9. Practices No Animal Testing
None of our products have ever been tested on any animal. We ensure to only test our products on ourselves to ensure proper safety of use.
10. Promotes Environmental Consciousness
All of our packaging is created to be recycled! Every little bit helps. :)
Top 7 Reasons To Use Soy Candles Over Paraffin Candles February 03 2016, 0 Comments
1. Soy candles are all natural: They are made from vegetable oil (soy beans) rather than regular paraffin candles which are made from petroleum oil.
2. Soy candles are better for the environment: Since soy candles are made from vegetable oil and not petroleum they do not increase the CO2 level in the atmosphere like paraffin candles and are therefore better for the environment!
3. Soy candles are better for your health: Soy wax burns cleaner, producing 90% less soot than paraffin wax and releases no known carcinogens, which reduces the amount of indoor air pollution significantly.
4. Soy candles burn 50% longer: Although soy candles can seem more expensive they burn cleaner and slower than paraffin giving you twice the burn time!
5. Soy candles are sustainable: Unlike paraffin, soy is a renewable resource so try to look for local brands made with soy. Soy is a more sustainable resource so if you buy soy candles you are promoting better environmental practices.
6. Soy candles burn cleaner: Soy produces 90% less soot than paraffin keeping the build up of emissions in your home significantly less. Soot can discolor your walls, build up in your upholstery fabrics and in carpets affecting the air quality in your home.
7. Soy candles have a stronger scent: Soy produces a stronger and more pleasant scent than paraffin wax because of the lower melting point. When a soy candle burns it makes a larger pool around the wick which allows the essential oils to evaporate into the air.
Top 10 Reasons Why All Natural Skin Care Is Best January 25 2016, 0 Comments
1. No harsh cancer causing chemicals.
2. Heaps of vitamins.
3. Super hydrating for the skin.
4. Aides in the regeneration of skin cells.
5. Many anti-aging properties.
6. Helps heal Eczema, Psoriosis and other skin conditions.
7. Prevents wrinkles.
8. Provides your skin with loads of nourishment.
9. Helps aide skin in UV damage.
10. All natural products are not "stretched out" with chemicals to obtain a larger profit for the manufacturer, therefore a little goes a long way and your products last longer!